Lady Gaga didn’t get famous by accident. No, she diligently studied “the art of being famous”. I gained a whole new respect for the brilliant marketer she is. Here are 6 things small businesses can learn from Lady GagaRead More
People had a hoot of a time. Here’s the “judging slide” that accidentally got cut because of a tech glitch. It explains the process. Enjoy!
The 2nd annual ADDY awards for AAF Asheville are upon us. The awards presentation show is Saturday, February 19th.Read More
This is a youtube video from Air New Zealand that cleverly was produced. I’m sure that the people on board actually watch the video as it is incredibly entertaining.
Plus, it already has had over 625,000 views on YouTube, so it is also a great ad for Air New Zealand, and the Rugby teams.
This was just sent to me via a blog I subscribe to, and thought it was good enough to pass along:
40 Tips for a Better Life in 2011
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day, and while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. (Even just 5 minutes if pressed for time) to think of everything that is going RIGHT and not wrong and to give thanks for what I do have…so many people have it worse.
3. Buy a DVR and record your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, “My purpose is to _______ today.”
5. Live with the 3 E’s – Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2010.
7. Make time to practice meditation. it provides us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of six. There is so much wisdom to learn from people in their 60’s, 70’s, 80’s –take some time to take it all in. As far as kids go…try to remember what it was like to find everything so exciting and so new. We can learn a lot from kids!
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants. Eat less food that is manufactured in plants!
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water.
12. Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
13. Clean clutter from your house, your car, your desk, and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, or issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out credit card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the NEGATIVE BLUES away.
18. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. Ask, Believe, Receive. (And it WILL happen!)
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful, or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often.. (Or email them to death!)
37. Each night before you go to bed, complete the following statements: “I am thankful for _________________. Today I accomplished _______________.
38. Remember you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
40. May your troubles be less, May your blessings be more, May nothing but happiness come through your door! It just doesn’t happen though on it’s own. YOU NEED to stop thinking negative thoughts and focus on wishing good things in your lives and everyone around you!
There is truth in satire.Read More
Google celebrates its 12th birthdayRead More
Thanks to a colleague for sharing this invaluable information! Great ways to make simple improvements with SEO. Some is fairly obvious, like keywords and updating content, but other ideas are a little less intuitive.
A good refresher, too, for anyone working with folks to help them increase webs presence. I have to do some of this myself!!!
Here’s a great article on how to write for the web.
When I meet with you, and discuss your story, we develop articles and posts that don’t necessary follow the “rules” like using the exact keyword phrase more than twice within 300 words or so. But I like to think that if you have a compelling story to tell, people will listen.Read More