Seven Traits of Highly Effective Press Releases « BusinessWired
The information shared here through BusinessWire is straightforward and simple.
Crafting the message and content is obviously the most important factor in developing an excellent public relations and press release campaign.
When developing a press release, I try to incorporate at least Five out of Seven of the traits that are outlined in the article. One that I leave out is based on budget; the other the goal of the release. Here are the 5:
1. One link in one form or another in the body of the release.
2. Emphasis on key points in the release via special formatting.
3. A subheadline.
4. Encourage sharing on social media
5. Special characters in the headline.
The two that are missing are:
1. The company name in the headline: It sort of depends on where the brand fits in the scheme of things. After establishing the company branding, sometimes it’s better to focus totally on the message and support the company branding throughout the release.
2. A photo or video included: There are totally dependent upon the client’s budget as they almost always add some cost in distribution. However, these costs also vary widely, and there are many ways to get the message distributed within budgetary concerns.
If you need effective messaging, please give me a call.