Gold Hermes Creative Award 2017, “Cottage Cooking” Marketing Video, Cottage Cooking, Asheville, NC
Gold Hermes Creative Award 2015, “It’s Official!” Advertorial, John Cannon Homes, Sarasota, FL
Gold Hermes Creative Award 2014, “Raising the Roof,” Asheville Citizen-Times, Media Response, North American Roofing, Asheville, NC
Platinum Hermes Creative Award 2011, Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians, Annual report, Copywriting and Editing, Cherokee, NC
Platinum Hermes Award 2011, Youth OUTRight, Branding, advocacy materials, mission statement development, Asheville, NC
Gold Hermes Award 2011, Prime Ribbing: A NEWSical Revue, Integrated campaign, Asheville, NC; Bellingham, MA
Gold Hermes Award 2011, “We Can Change the Rules About Cancer,” brochure & promotional information, Cancer Support Foundation, Baltimore, MD, Copywriting
Gold Hermes Creative Award 2007, A Kiss from Alexander, Poster design for World Premiere, Bailiwick Theatre, Chicago, IL
ADDYs® 23 Industry Awards for Print, Radio and Television creative and copywriting, (Real Estate, Retail, Restaurant, Theatre, Hospitality)
AAF Asheville Silver ADDY® Award 2011, “You Never Forget Your First Time,” Advertising Club Self-promotion, Asheville, NC
PRAWNC (Public Relations Assoc. of Western NC), Alexander’s Ford at the Bradley Preserve, Public Service-Advocacy 2008, Writing, Co-direction of film production, Asheville, NC
IABC Award of Excellence 2002, “Zen in the City,” Corporate Campaign, Smithsonian Freer-Sackler Galleries of Art, Washington DC
American Association of Museum Publications Award of Merit 2002, “Zen in the City,” Corporate Campaign, Smithsonian Freer-Sackler Galleries of Art, Washington, DC
Volunteer of the Year, Cultural Alliance of Greater Washington 2000, Communications and Marketing plan, Torpedo Factory Art Center, Alexandria, VA
APEX Award for Publication Excellence 1997, Newsletter, Sweet’n Low®, New York, NY
13th Annual Healthcare Advertising Bronze Award 1996, “Dancing,” :30″$5,000 or less, television, Manatee Glens Corporation, Bradenton, FL
Florida Public Relations Association Judge’s Award1995, Clozaril® Clinic Promotion, Manatee Glens Corporation
- I was the first deejay on Holland-America’s flagship the ssRotterdam; I played disco records in the Sky Bar with dimes taped to the turnable arms to keep them from skipping while at sea.
- In 1980, I lived two blocks away from the Dakota and heard the shots when John Lennon was shot.
- My partner (now spouse) and I just celebrated our 43rd anniversary together.
- In high school, the first computer I worked on created punch-cards.
- The first computer I owned had a 40mb (not a typo) hard drive, which was 14″ x 14″ by 6″ high, an amber 12″ monitor and a 12 pin printer. It cost $3500.
- In college, I had to stand in-line at the bank on Fridays to cash a check in order to party on the weekend. There were no ATMs.
- I learned to type on a manual typewriter. I can drive a manual stick shift.
- I’m left-handed. I can mirror-write (after I found out Leonard Da Vinci did it).
- I can do addition in my head.
- I record (DVR) all broadcast television so I can avoid interruptive advertising.